Comedian George Carlin’s most memorable routine was, “A place for my stuff.” In it, he talked about dealing with the increasing quantity of items we accumulate throughout life.
George was funny. The problem is not. Here are some low-cost ideas for quickly creating storage space for your stuff.
• Attach a cloth pouch or thin plastic basket to the inside of cupboard doors. This is a great way to store Tupperware lids, cosmetics, etc.
• Install hooks inside the foyer closet for loose items such as hats and scarfs.
• Use egg cartons to make effective storage inserts in drawers.
• Fashion stores often put purchases in stiff, high-quality boxes. Placed on their sides, these make effective storage compartments. (Especially shoeboxes.)
• Consider using suitcases for out-of-season clothing. In addition to storage, they also provide protection.
• Never throw out an old wine rack. There are numerous ways these can be used for storage. (Example: for tools.)
By thinking creatively, you can probably come up with many other simple ideas for creating more storage. The reward is a home that looks neater and more spacious.
Post Your Comment: